Singapore Dependant’s Pass (DP) Guide

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Overview: What Is Dependant’s Pass In Singapore?

The Dependant’s Pass is a type of long term pass suitable for the direct family members of the work pass holder (holding on to Employment Pass or S-Pass). This pass is usually issued the same validity period as the main pass holder and the main pass sponsor must make a minimum monthly salary to be qualified to sponsor he/her dependant. Unlike the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), a Dependant’s Pass (DP) holder can work in Singapore under Letter of Consent (LOC) as long as they have a company sponsor. However, an application for LOC still needs to be filed via an agency or the employer.

Eligibility Requirement of Dependant’s Pass (DP)

 Types of family members:

i. Legally married Spouse
ii. Unmarried children under 21 years old;
iii. Unmarried adopted children under 21 year old

Documents Required for Dependant’s Pass Application

Passport bio-data of the applicant;

For spouse: Marriage certificate

For Unmarried children under 21 years of age:

i.birth certificate and ii.Vaccination Requirements documents for children under 12 years of age

For Unmarried adopt children under 21 year-old:

i. Copy of the court order of the child’s custody ii. Letter from the biological parent stating that they have no objection in sending the child to Singapore;

Applying for Dependant’s Pass (DP)

For submission of the application, you can either engaging a third-party agency or request your employer to submit the application. You need to have access to the EPOL account for the submission of the DP.

Submit an Application:

Step 1: Log in to EPOL account to fill out dependant’s pass application form and upload required documents;
Step 2: Pay the required application fee via Giro, Visa or Master card;
Step 3: Check the status of application only after 3 weeks
Step 4: Once your application is approved, you may log into EPOL to download the IPA letter for the dependant’s pass;
Step 5: Login to EPOL to issue the pass and pay the necessary fees and go to MOM card collection centre to attend the face to face appointment.

Get Professional help for your Dependant Pass application!

One Visa had helped thousands of professionals like you to move to Singapore

Need further guidance on Singapore Visas?

See below for all related topics:


The Dependant’s Pass (DP) processing time is 3 weeks upon submission. In certain cases like MOM additional document request or appeal submission, you need additional 3 – 5 weeks upon submission of the additional documents or appeal.
Yes but the sponsor of the DP must be at least an employment pass, PEP or entrepass holder. You are also required for submit an LOC to get approval from MOM to work in Singapore.
No. You must apply for Entrepass. You may also speak to our consultant to discuss further on your requirements.