Resident Return Visa
Resident Return Visa (RRV) Guide
Overview: What is a Resident Return Visa(RRV)?
The Resident Return Visa (RRV) is a travel facility that allows an Australian Permanent Resident to travel in and out of Australia as many times as he/she wants until it expires. For those who are residing in Australia, you do not need to apply for RRV unless you would like to travel out of Australia.
If you are an Australian PR living overseas, it is important that you renew your RRV before the expiry date so that we can still travel to Australia on your PR status.
In the event when you leave Australia after your travel facility has expired, you are not able to return to Australia as a Permanent Resident. So if you wish to return to Australia to regain your PR status, you must apply an RRV overseas and be granted before you can return to Australia.
Resident Return Visa (RRV) Eligibility
To be eligible for RRV renewal, you need to either of the following requirement:
- You have lived in Australia 2 years out of the last 5 years as the hold of a PR or entry permit; or
- You are able to demonstrate substantial ties to Australia that are beneficial to Australia (e.g. Personal, business, employment, family, cultural ties)
The requirement for renewal under item 2 is flexible in terms of showing your ties to Australia and our migration consultants are able to review on a case by case basis on how to build your ties to secure approval for your RRV. Please not that you are only allowed to renew your RRV on a yearly basis if you do not stay 2 years physically in Australia.
Validity of your RRV
- 5 years: If you meet the stay requirements (730 days of stay in Australia out of the last 5 years), you will be issued an RRV for 5 years;
- 12 months: If you do not stay in Australia for more than 2 years out of the last 5 years, you must proof that you have substantial ties to Australia and you can be granted a 12 month RRV. You can also get a 12 months renewal if one of your family unit holding on to this visa is living in Australia
- 3 months: if you do not meet the stay requirements but have compelling and compassionate reasons for departure.
Get professional help for your RRV!
Join thousands of others that had use us to secured their visas!
Need further guidance on Australia Visas?
See below for all related topics:
86 – 90 days but can be longer for those who does not meet the stay requirement.