Different Types of Singapore Visa schemes available
As a leading financial and business hub in Southeast Asia, Singapore adopts an open immigration policies by offering different types of Singapore visas mainly to attract foreign professionals, business owners, high net-worth individuals and investors. Additionally, there are also Singapore family visa schemes catered to their family members as well as Singaporean’s spouse.
In this section, we are going to look into various Singapore visa schemes available and how can foreigners work and live in Singapore legally.
Firstly, there are a few things to consider before you proceed with applying your Singapore Work Pass / Visa:
1. Do you have a company sponsor?
2. Does the particular Singapore Work Visa requires quota?
3. Any levy required to be paid for the work visa?
4. Do you have the Right background (e.g. Education, Experience )?
5. Whether the visa you are applying for temporary or permanent residency?
6. Validity period of the visa that is going to be issued?
7. How can you extend the visa and any additional requirements for renewals?
8. Whether the work pass can lead to a Singapore Permanent Residency?
The EP or the Singapore Employment Pass is a kind of work pass issued by MOM for foreign professionals, directors and corporate executive to work legally in Singapore. This work pass is targeted at mid to senior level executives who wish to work in Singapore. No quota required but company sponsor must show genuine reason for hiring the foreign employees instead of a local.