Spouse / Family Visa


Overview of the Dependant/Long Term Visit Pass

The Dependant and Long Term Visit Passes are both long term visas for family members, parents/parents-in-law of work pass holders who are currently working in Singapore. The Dependant Pass is a visa that permits the spouse and children of Singapore Work Visa holders to stay in Singapore. The child must be unmarried, legally adopted under 21 years old or new born. It is possible for Dependant Pass holders to apply for a work visa later on.

Upon approval, you will be issued with a Singapore Dependant Pass card (similar to an Employment Pass card) which will state your personal particular and the validity period. Holders of a Dependant Pass are also permitted to work in Singapore once their potential employer issues a letter of consent.It is best to apply for the Dependant Pass at the same time when applying for Employment Pass in order to avoid any delays.

On the other hand, the Long Term visa is only for Employment Pass holders who are earning more at least S$4,500. This visa is suitable for common-law spouses, unmarried daughters (above the age of 21 year-old), step children and parents/parents-in-law.


Who are eligible for the Dependant/Long Term Visit Pass?

To be eligible for Dependant Pass, the Work Pass Visa holders must possess an Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass with a minimum salary of S$3,000 and above.

Dependant Pass is suitable for family members of the following:

  • Legally married spouse;
  • Birth children under the age of 21 years of age;
  • Legally adopted children under the age of 21 years of age.

To be eligible for the Long Term Visit Pass, the work pass holder may be making a minimum salary of more than S$4,500/month.

The Long Term Visit Pass is suitable for:

  • Common-law spouse;
  • Unmarried daughters above 21 years of age;
  • Handicapped children above 21 years of age;
  • Step children and parents/parents-in-law.

Documents Required

Documents Required for the Application of the Dependant/Long Term Visit Pass

The following documents are required:

  • Completely filled application. Separate application is required for each applicant travelling on his/her own passport.
  • 2 copies of the birth certificate per applicant (if the applicant is the spouse of the Work Pass Holder).
  • 2 copies of the marriage certificate (if the applicant is the spouse of the Work Pass Holder).
  • 2 recent photographs.

One Visa will assist you in the compiling of all necessary documents and forms for the Dependant Pass. Once all the documents are in place, we will then submit your application to the Ministry of Manpower for approval.


Rejection of the Dependant/Long Term Visit Pass Application

If you are unmarried but are living together, Singapore do not recognised such relationship. Alternatively you may want to apply for employment pass based on individual own merits. Holders of a Dependant Pass are also permitted to work in Singapore once the potential employer issues a letter of consent(LOC). Dependent pass holders do not need to apply for a student pass if they plan to study in Singapore.

One Visa facilitates your Dependant or Long Term Visit Pass application by advising you on the forms and documents required. We ensure that all your supporting documents are acceptable by the Ministry of Manpower(MOM). We monitor closely on your application until we obtain the official reply from MOM.

Processing Time: 3-5 days




Next Steps

Find the Right Visa

Obtain Visa Info

Get Professional Help

Our Valued Clients