Cyprus Permanent Residency By Investment
Cyprus Residency By Investment – Permanent Residency
Overview: What Is Cyprus Residency by Investment?
Applying for Permanent Residency (PR) by Investment in Cyprus is an excellent alternative to Citizenship by Investment. PR by Investment has a lower investment threshold and offers a fast track application process of not more than two months, with an investment of as little as EU 300,000 in property and EU 30,000 in bank deposits. Unlike some Golden Visa program in Europe, the applicant and his/her family will be granted direct Permanent Residency via the Cyprus residency by investment program.
Cyprus immigration rules also convey many of the benefits of citizenship to Permanent Residents, such as freedom of movement around the EU and the ability for family members to apply.
Click on the menus on the side to learn more about this fast, easy way to immigrate to Cyprus and achieve permanent residency in one of the Mediterranean’s warmest, most welcoming countries.
If you are looking for a direct Citizenship Program by investment, learn more about Cyprus Citizenship Investment Program.
Cyprus Investment Residency Requirements and Eligibility
Cyprus immigration law has established clear eligibility requirements for the Permanent Resident by Investment program. Among them:
- You must own a residential property in Cyprus with a minimum market value of €300,000, plus Value Added Tax
- You must have a minimum annual income originating from outside Cypress of €30,000, as employment in Cyprus is forbidden
- For your spouse and each dependent child, add €5000 to the minimum annual income
- You must have a bank account with a Cyprus bank and a minimum deposit of €30,000, pledged to remain on deposit for three consecutive years
- You must have a valid passport from your country of origin
- You must attest in a statement that you have no intention to work or be engaged in active business (NOTE: You may own a business and receive dividends)
- You must purchase personal insurance of approximately €185 per person per year
- You and any family members over the age of 16 years must provide non-criminal records from your country of residence.
- You must be a person not sanctioned by the EU
Benefits of Cyprus Residency by InvestmentsCyprus Residency by Investment offers many advantages, unlike other programs, there is no requirement minimum stay in Cyprus and this is a direct Permanent Residency visa that leads to Cyprus citizenship in future. The Residency by Investment Program in Cyprus offers these specific benefits:
Low Investment from 300,000 Euro
Fast-track 2-4 months
No physical stay required
Flexibility in travel to Schengen Zone
Favorable tax system
- You and your family may permanently reside in Cyprus, including your parents and dependent children up to the age of 25
- Permanent Residency status will never expire and does not require renewal
- You may continue to reside in your home country, though you are required to visit Cyprus at least every two years
- You are eligible to apply for Cyprus citizenship after 7 years of residency
- As a Permanent Resident of Cyprus, traveling throughout the EU is easy. Permanent residency holders can obtain a Schengen visa within one week.
- EU travel will become even easier since Cyprus is on track to become a Schengen state in the near future.
- As a Permanent Resident, you are exempt from immigration procedures upon entering Cyprus
- Cyprus has a high standard of living, excellent infrastructure, medical facilities and a favorable tax system
- Cyprus’ well-known British elementary and high schools have very high standards with excellent connections to overseas universities
- There are many investment opportunities in Cyprus, and you may own a business and receive dividends
- FAST TRACK: The Permanent Residency by Investment process takes as little as two months
Your children under the age of 18
The Cyprus Permanent Resident by Investment program requires a careful and detailed application and follow-through. Each case is unique, and each application is subject to scrutiny. The on-the-ground presence of a team experienced in dealing with government officials and processes is an invaluable aid in assuring your application is reviewed and approved in a timely, efficient and hassle-free manner.
One-Visa is the clear choice for this highly specialized task. We have:
Free Assessment We stand ready to review your interest in Cyprus residency and assess your eligibility at no cost to you. The first step is the most important: we will review your circumstances with you and help clear up any possible obstacles before your application proceeds.